JOB SEEKERS / Interview Questions
Common questions that are asked on interviews:
- What are your biggest strengths?
- What have been your biggest career successes so far?
- Could you give me an example of how you handled a specific situation in the past?
- What area of your performance could you most improve and how do you plan on improving it?
- What do you consider the biggest failure in your career to date?
- We have interviewed several excellent candidates for this position. Why should we hire you any of them?
- What do you bring to the table that others don’t?
- What are your long term goals?
- What do you consider your single greatest weakness….the thing that if you did something about it would allow you to improve your effectiveness?
When describing a personal weakness, start by saying something like, “Overall my performance is very good, but if I had to pick an area of weakness I guess that…”
Do not say you have no weaknesses (everybody does). Think of one or two that are not too drastic and put a positive spin on them.
Suggested questions to ask in an interview:
- What factors do you think are most important for success in this position?
- How would you define success in this position?
- What do you feel are some of the major challenges to be faced in this job?
- Can you tell me a little about the other team members working on this project and how I will be working with them?
- From a goals and objectives standpoint, what do you feel are important priorities for this position?
- When you think about past employees who have held this position, what was it about them that made them successful?
- What type of future advancement opportunities might be available for a successful performer in this position?
- Can you provide me with more details regarding technologies I will be using and environments I will be working in?
- When appropriate, ask if there is any reason they would not present an offer to you?
- What are your reservations about my fit for this position that I can address?
- NEVER ask questions about salary, benefits, employee perks etc. on the initial interview.
- Ask for the specific next steps.
- Always thank the manager for his or her time
We want to hear from you! Contact us today.